Apprenticeships at PackSys Gobal
Know what to do when you leave school? An apprenticeship at PackSys Global can open many doors for you. Be it in the technical, mechanical or commercial field – you’ll receive well-founded training with many exciting tasks and challenges. A strong team is always on hand to assist and advise you. Because we want you to be so good at the end of your apprenticeship that we want to keep you here!
The evaluation of new trainees ends approximately one year before each apprenticeship begins (August). The training location is our facility in Rüti and for EFZ design engineers (= Swiss Federal Vocational Education and Training Diploma) also our facility in Burgdorf.
What you can expect from us
- Here you’ll receive stimulating training with lots of variety.
- We can all make coffee and operate the photocopier ourselves. We need you for real tasks!
- If you are conscientious and self-reliant, you can make a valuable contribution here.
- We are part of a strong group and think and act for the long term. This is not only good for our future, but for yours as well!
- After your apprenticeship, you’ll also have plenty of opportunities for further development here.
- Furthermore, you’ll have good earning opportunities and receive good social benefits.
We offer the following apprenticeships:
If you find it exciting to turn an idea into a finished product, then design engineering could well be your ideal profession. You’ll square product design with customer wishes, technical requirements and standards and use your spatial perception to help design the appropriate machine parts and systems. You’ll lay the foundation stone for manufacturing our complex machines.
The commercial apprenticeship is your key to many different departments and jobs: From administration to freight forwarding, procurement and sales, through to human resources, finance and accounting – it has it all. You’ll have plenty of contact with internal customers and suppliers and should therefore be able to express yourself well, both orally and in writing, and be reliable and sociable. At the same time, your remit is very international, because our machines are situated all over the world. The computer is your favourite tool for organising, documenting and processing your tasks.
Do you and your computer speak the same language? Are hardware and software problems exciting challenges for you? Then you were born to be an IT specialist. You’ll help our internal customers with IT problems and also implement complex solutions in the fields of IT systems technology, applications and networks.
As an apprentice polytechnician, you’ll produce and install tools, components or entire production systems made of various metals, plastics and composite materials during your basic training (1st and 2nd year). During your specialist training with us, you’ll collaborate with other skilled staff in assembling mechanical, electrical and pneumatic parts into a functional entity. For the work with our machines, you’ll require spatial perception and a good general technical understanding. If mechanical engineering inspires you, then this is the right place for you.
As an automation engineer, you’ll be responsible for the electrical and mechanical commissioning of our machines as well as their programming and configuration. Your responsibilities will also include checking all electromechanical processes and work cycles. Your workplace will be located at the heart of our company, in the assembly hall. If your attributes include technical aptitude, manual dexterity, an understanding for abstract relationships and spatial perception, then this is the perfect place for you.
Are you still unsure which professional path you want to take? A trial apprenticeship is the perfect way to try out a profession or apprenticeship trade in practice, at the same time as getting to know our company. You’ll gain an insight into the daily routines, the responsibilities and requirements and you can ask all your questions in person. This simplifies the decision as to whether your chosen profession actually suits you.
In principle, a trial apprenticeship is possible in all our apprentice trades, and applications are accepted at any time. Simply send us your application documents, specifying you chosen apprenticeship and the desired period. We are also happy to advise you if you have any questions in advance.
In order for us to be well-matched, you need to meet these requirements for an apprenticeship:
- EFZ design engineer: Sek A qualification with very good grades in mathematics, geometry, technical drawing and physics, plus good grades in English
- EFZ management assistant: Sek A/B qualification with very good German and MS Office skills
- EFZ IT specialist: Sek A qualification with very good grades in mathematics and German
- EFZ polytechnician: Sek A/B qualification with very good grades in mathematics, geometry, physics and chemistry
- EFZ automation engineer: Sek A/B qualification with very good grades in mathematics, physics and English
- General: Accuracy and the ability to work independently, plus
- high social and communication skills
We require the following documents for a successful application
- A compelling cover letter, detailing your motivation and your chosen apprenticeship or trial apprenticeship
- Your curriculum vitae
- Your last three school reports
- If available: Certifications for additional qualifications and internships